Website Freedom Church
5676 Beattie Ave., Lockport, NY 339 Ontario St., Lockport, NY
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sunday morning services.
Additional church functions/events also.
Vacation: 5 vacation days | 3 personal/sick days
Freedom Church is looking for a committed Youth Director, someone who has a passion to disciple young people with the Gospel while relating to youth, parents, and other adult leaders well. This person will support the mission and vision of the ministry at Freedom Church by assisting the Lead Pastor (and other ministry staff in their functions to a lesser degree) in carrying out the church’s directives. Specifically, to cultivate a healthy, godly youth ministry within the church and for the spiritual formation of teenagers in their Christ-like development. To assist the church with it’s mission to reach the lost and disciple the found to see lives set free and stay free in Christ.
To carry out the mission and vision of Freedom Church to the youth generation; specifically, from 6th grade through 12th grade.
Discipleship: To oversee discipleship of teenagers to grow as followers of Jesus Christ.
- To personally spend time forming Christ in the life of
- To organize biblical curriculum, leaders, and systems for youth small groups, Sunday morning discipleship tracks, and weekly youth meetings.
- To work with the vision and discipleship track of the church.
- To facilitate all aspects of Wednesday night youth meetings which could include teaching, worship, activities, and fellowship.
Evangelism: To oversee evangelistic endeavors for and through teenagers.
- Train teenagers to share the gospel with their peers and
- Work with the vision and mission of the church for evangelistic outreaches and missions
- Provide teen-related activities/events for our community to build relationship and share Christ.
Administrative & Other Ministerial Responsibilities: To develop and organize youth ministry materials, teams, and systems. Also, to help with certain administrative responsibilities in the church in partnership with our staff team.
- To build up, regularly communicate with and actively recruit youth
- To oversee finances for the youth ministry and plan according to budget, focusing on investing into lives, discipleship, and development of young
- To work with, coordinate, and create social media content for the youth ministry of our
- To coordinate weekly Youth Group meetings, Sunday School classes and special
- To minister directly to teenagers as well as raise up people within the body to
- To develop and maintain healthy connections with parents and
- To develop and manage information as it pertains to youth
- To develop long term strategy for reaching and discipling youth in our
- Regularly report to leadership about developments and needs in the
- Plan and facilitate a yearly Youth Conference, including fund-raising
- With the direction of the Lead Pastor, plan and facilitate short-term missions, including training and fund-raising.
- To strategically use social media and other online resources to reach teenagers for
- To maintain organization, maintenance, cleanliness and setup of the Youth Sanctuary, including the back storage rooms, the sound booth and the snack bar Also to work with our maintenance person to repair any broken items in a timely manner.
- To regularly update the calendar and coordinate with the Business Manager regarding requests to rent the Youth
- To facilitate the creation of a weekly church bulletin and coordinate the process of gathering appropriate information for
General: Miscellaneous responsibilities related to working as a team and in an office setting.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and scheduled ministry
- Endeavors to be a godly part of our Freedom Staff Team
- Answers incoming phone calls to the church office when
- Checks and responds to e-mails in a timely
- Fields requests that specifically pertain to Youth
Necessary Skills & Requirements: Partnered with applicable training.
- Ability to lead people, delegate responsibilities well, cast and carry-out
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in godly living and biblical
- A willingness to learn and to submit to
- Ability to pass a background
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Evidenced growing of Christian faith and character and a lifestyle that matches the biblical requirements of a
- Basic computer skills, specifically on Apple Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook is helpful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org