The Church in Alexander
The Church in Alexander is seeking a full-time pastor to preach the gospel and biblical truths in a manner that encourages the discipleship and growth within our church and enables us to connect with and reach out to others in our community.
Alexander, NY is a rural, middle class, agricultural community located midway between Buffalo and Rochester. Our church was founded in 1828 and is the only church in the community. The church building was totally destroyed by fire in 1978. Our current building was completed in 1979 and an education wing was added in 1988.
Our Sunday worship attendance is 45 to 60 persons. Throughout the year our congregation faithfully prays and is generous in their giving of time, talents and donations.
The Church in Alexander’s Mission Statement to PREACH to God’s people, to TEACH God’s word and to REACH those in need.
Our Mission is to connect with others, lead them to Christ and prepare God’s people for works of service so that the body of Christ may be built up. (Matthew 28:19, Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Model a growing, vibrant faith relationship with Jesus.
- Model the qualifications of an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3: 1-7 & Titus1:6-9
- Have the ability to plan, communicate and implement a vision for effective ministry that reaches the local community and beyond with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Have a servant’s heart and the ability to serve with humility and grace.
- Have the ability to plan, prepare and preach biblically-based sermons that both encourage and equip people to grow in faith and service.
- Have the ability to mentor and develop leaders to be engaged in the effective ministry within the church and throughout the community.
- Have a strong heart for God and people; be able to develop healthy, honest relationships.
- Have the ability to work well with lay leadership.
- Agree with and submit to Alexander’s Mission and Vision statements and Church Constitution and Bylaws.
- Relevant college degree and formal theological training.
- Practice spiritual habits that foster continued spiritual growth and a loving, vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Prepare and deliver sermons that encourage and equip the people of Alexander to grow in faith and ministry effectiveness.
- Provide effective leadership for the overall ministry of the church.
- Collaborate with the Church Employee Relations Committee and Administrative Board in order to constantly strengthen the spiritual lives and ministry effectiveness of the church.
- Together with the Church Employee Relations Committee and Administrative Board communicate a compelling and unifying vision for the ministry of The Church in Alexander.
- Provide effective leadership for staff and lay leaders.
- Oversee an effective process for continually building leaders for the church’s ministry.
- Provide visitation and counseling. Conduct weddings, funerals and baptisms. Administer communion.
- Moderate church meetings.
- Perform other duties as developed by Church Employee Relations Committee.
- Report to the Church Employee Relations Committee and work with the Administrative Board and other committees.
- Proactively and consistently build relationship with leaders in the community for the purpose of serving the community well in the name of Jesus Christ.
Full time position with a competitive salary and benefits package that may include health insurance allowance, life insurance, retirement, professional expenses, continuing education time, disability insurance, mileage, vacation and holidays.
If you feel God is calling you to apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and a video of you preaching along with your response to the following:
- Why do you believe you may be a great fit as the Pastor of The Church in Alexander?
- Briefly describe your experience in lay and pastoral ministry and why you are well qualified to serve as the Pastor of The Church in Alexander.
- Briefly provide a summary of your theology and how you see it being consistent with your understanding of our Mission and Vision.
Please direct your questions and replies to our Church Employee Relations Committee Chairman Norb Fuest , 1-585-409-1629 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com