Website Believers Chapel North
Next Gen Pastor
Believers Chapel North
5375 State Route 3
Mexico, NY 13114
Believers Chapel North (BCN) is a vibrant group of Christ followers in Mexico, NY who love Jesus, stand on the truth of the Word of God and actively seek the leading of the Holy Spirit to impact our world for Christ. Our mission is to love God, love others and make disciples. BCN is looking for a Next Generation Pastor who is strategically minded, administratively skilled, and is aggressive with recruiting and team development. This individual must also have a pastoral heart and value relational ministry with an emphasis on partnering with parents to strengthen relationships between students, within the family and the entire church body. A Next Gen Pastor is passionate about working with teenagers and young adults, will seek to connect with those who don’t know Christ and to support Christ followers as they seek to grow in their relationship with God and discover their destiny in Christ. The position is 30-40 hours/week, including Sundays. Please include a cover letter along with your resumé and three references.
- A disciple of Jesus Christ who personifies a growing relationship with the Lord and demonstrates a love and passion for serving Him, and a big heart for the next generation.
- A clear calling to Next Gen Ministry with a passion to champion every age group. • Spiritual gifts appropriate for this position, such as pastoring, leadership, and teaching. • A lifestyle congruent with the biblical qualifications for leaders (1 Tim 3:1-13, 2 Tim 2, Titus 1:5-9).
- A heart to honor God above all and to lead people, especially students and young adults, into deeper worship and a knowledge of Him.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Christian ministry, biblical studies, or a related field.
- Engaging personality with strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to connect with youth and young adults relationally and to foster healthy, interpersonal relationships among the next generation.
- A high commitment to team ministry, relationships, and having fun along the way. • An ability to think outside of the box, be able to work as both a leader and a team player and have efficient organizational skills.
- Experience training others, building teams, and discipling team leaders. • Ability to maintain appropriate discretion and confidentiality.
- A sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively apply Scriptural principles in ministry that lead to life transformation.
- A desire to be a life-long learner and a willingness to seek further education and skills as necessary and/or appropriate.
- The ability to work collaboratively with the Senior Pastor and Elders of Believers Chapel North along with other leaders in the community.
- Maintain a healthy balance of personal spiritual formation, self-care, and ministry. • Create and maintain a worshipful and safe community that fosters discipleship and spiritual growth of the next generation of Believers Chapel North.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor to design the strategy for raising up the next generation of believers, including creative means to reach the lost in our community. • Craft core truths into engaging, relevant, and memorable experiences. • Provide leadership for and participate in youth group and young adult activities. • Develop leaders and equip a team for Next Gen Ministry by crafting and modeling your ministry’s primary values.
- Develop a long-term discipleship plan and points of intersection that allow our youth and young adults to actively engage in worship and fellowship.
- Create consistent opportunities for students and young adults to serve within the church and in the broader community of Mexico and Oswego County.
- Engage every parent to have a positive influence in the spiritual development of their own kids.
- Prepare and steward the youth and young adult ministry budgets.
- Oversee summer youth and young adult activities.
- Serve on the service host and preaching teams for the Sunday worship services. Schedule:
This 30-40 hours per week position offers a flexible, self-determined schedule. It may require periodically working in the evening and occasional Saturdays. It will require working for the entirety of Sunday mornings and attending weekly staff meetings. The schedule is flexible and will be organized around ministry needs.
Hours and Compensation:
- The position is a salaried 30-40 hours a week position, potentially including benefits. • This position reports to the Senior Pastor. The Next Gen Pastor will meet regularly with the Senior Pastor and participate in an annual review with the Senior Pastor.
Special Note: Candidate will be required to complete and pass a background check. Job Type: ¾ time to full-time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com