New Hope Christian Fellowship
New Hope Christian Fellowship is a nondenominational church with 100-year presence in the village of Dolgeville, NY. We are located in the Herkimer County area, we are surrounded by beautiful Adirondack scenery. We are currently a small congregation with our sanctuary having the seating capacity for up to 60. We are an Elim Fellowship affiliated Church and are looking for a full time Pastor that is currently or would to be willing to hold Elim Fellowship credentials.
The folks that make up our congregation come from various careers which include teachers, bus drivers, businessmen and women. Many of our church family are seniors, but our blend of traditional and contemporary styles has kids enjoying the message as well. Our goal is to reach the next generation.
Our congregation participates in Sunday morning Adult Sunday school at 9:30am, followed by Church Service at 10:30. We also host a mid-week Bible study on Tuesdays at 7pm.
New Hope Christian Fellowship has a comprehensive set of bylaws. The Pastor has primary authority, but the Elders and Trustees complete the decision-making process.
Specific Responsibilities of Pastor
Engage with the congregation in individual and small group settings with the intent expressed in 2 Tim 2:2
• Provide leadership to enable the formation of such groups, led by other qualified members of the body
• Assist members of the congregation in structured one on one sessions as they may have need of counsel for matters of difficulty in their lives
•Teaching and Preaching
• Prepare and preach biblically faithful, relevant sermons for the Sunday morning Worship Service
• Prepare and lead a variety of small groups and classes, such as discipleship, leadership training, shepherding, Bible literacy
• Pray regularly for the congregation
• Provide counsel and spiritual direction to members of the congregation as needed
• Be an example to the flock in life and ministry
• Make hospital and home visits
• Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc., as needed. When necessary, we will recommend other professional help.
• Along with the Elders, address all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues within the congregation
• Engage in local and global missions; encourage the congregation to be involved in the lives and ministries of those missionaries
• Creatively reach out and be active with in our local community
• Build relationship with businesses, community leaders, and local parachurch organizations
• Lead the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose, and priority
• Plan, lead and demonstrate effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
• Assist with the assimilation of new attendees to ensure a continued loving environment in the congregation
• Participate in regular leadership meetings
• Stay current with church ministry through reading, leadership conferences, etc.
•Lead and organize effective programs that help congregants connect in community, grow in maturity, serve using their gifts, and share their faith
•Practice good stewardship of church funds, including involvement in giving campaigns and budgeting
a) Confessed salvation and ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
b) Confessed experience of baptism by water and baptism in the Holy Spirit.
c) Awareness of spiritual gifts and their impact and expression through personal life and ministry.
d) Pastor should have some of these Spiritual Gifts: Pastor, Leadership, Administration, Exhortation, and Serving.
2. Education & Experience
a) Completion of High School or equivalent.
b) College focus or training related to church administration in the areas of finances, organizational systems, process, design, facilities, and human resources.
c) Some talent or skills in the areas of organizational skills, people skills, communication, computer skills, and large event planning.
d) Possessing a personal desire to be a life-long learner and a teachable spirit.
a) Should exhibit a dependable, discreet, friendly, professional attitude and manner when interacting with those requiring leadership and assistance.
b) Pastor should be accessible and available to oversee, direct, and guide the various leaders and volunteers requiring administrative
c) Pastor should be both efficient in the communication, execution and management of church ministry
Full time Pastor Position,
Modest Salary includes upstairs parsonage available included in salary package. This parsonage is three bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, living room, washer & dryer room w/ linen closet. (currently has a washer, no dryer) Brand, new refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher and we are currently working on renovations with new flooring and paint throughout the apartment. This will include heat, & Electric, church land line, and internet.
How to Apply
For consideration, candidates should send the following to: NewHopeChristianFellowship32@Gmail.com
1. Letter of intent, including resume.
2. Personal statement of doctrine.
3. Letters of reference.
4. Copy of license to minister or ordination certificate.
5. Link to or copy of recent audio or video sample of preaching or teaching.
To apply for this job email your details to NewhopeChristianfellowship32@gmail.com