Website Light House Station
Light House Station Maternity Home
The mission of Light House Station is empowering women for life. Light House Station is a residential ministry in Warsaw, NY that focuses on meeting needs of young women facing a crisis or unplanned pregnancy. Residents stay in the home for the duration of their pregnancy and up to 6 months following the birth of the baby. While in residence, mothers learn parenting and practical life skills through hands on classes provided in house. Residents will work together daily with one another and volunteer instructors to learn healthy dietary planning, grocery budgeting and shopping, food preparation, planning and storage, basic sewing, communication skills and stress management techniques. The ultimate goal is to foster responsibility and maturity necessary to maintain independent living and care for themselves and their child. Residents will have ongoing support from Light House Station in terms of material support and mentoring relationships. We intend for our residents to have a positive impact on our community by breaking the cycle of poverty and abuse one family at a time.
The ideal candidate has courageous faith- willing to walk with women who have come out of complex trauma situations, ministering like Jesus with love and grace. They are willing to be part of a team, and they are willing to learn principles of counseling and trauma-informed care.
The Residential Assistant position is unique because it allows for a young woman to have free room and board along with part time pay. It would be perfect for someone who is pursuing a higher degree online and wants to do ministry and be self-sufficient at the same time.
JOB DESCRIPTION RESIDENTIAL ASSISTANT
The Residential Assistant is committed to teamwork in a Christian home atmosphere. The function of the residential assistant is to live in community with residents on site at Light House Station. The residential assistant provides overnight and weekend oversight and emergency contact as necessary in exchange for room and board. Residential assistant may work or be a full-time student out of the house each day. The residential assistant may choose to take on additional duties for an hourly wage.
· Be committed Christians capable of providing leadership and spiritual guidance to each of the young women according to her specific needs.
· Be a high school graduate over 18 years of age
· Model life choices consistent with the code of conduct of the organization and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
· Be a team member seeing that the philosophy, purpose, and objectives of the ministry are being implemented with each young woman.
· Strive to live as an example of grace and sisterhood in community with the residents of Light House Station understanding that many residents come from a history of trauma, hurts and resentments. Maintain an awareness of those in the home, and report any concerns to the house manager, case manager, family manager or executive director as appropriate.
· Work with House Manager and Family Manager to document, process and sort the material donations in the home. Help organize and maintain the boutique area.
· Help Executive Director with office work such as mailings and special events.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com