Role Title: Worship Ministry Director
Pipeline Level: Ministry Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Overview: Hope Lutheran Church is an expanding multi-site, multi-staff church that seeks a full time Worship Ministry Director. God has used Hope to reach the community with its dynamic worship, biblically sound and engaging preaching as well as with our strong kids and compassion ministries. We are seeking God to lead to us a person who is a spiritually mature Christ-follower who is Biblically grounded and musically gifted. The Worship Ministry Director’s main responsibility is to lead the overall resulting in a joyful and engaging worship experience that points people to Christ.
Hope Church is just outside of Rochester, NY in the Finger Lakes Region. Here you will find some of the most beautiful of God’s creations, displaying rolling hills, Great Lake shoreline and Adirondack Mountains. Rochester has everything a major metro city has to offer except the terrible traffic. If interested in applying for this position you can review our ministries and our worship styles at www.sharethehope.org and email your resume to email@example.com.
- Lead, coordinate and execute the creative design process for all worship services
- Serve as primary Worship Leader for the church, modeling and leading heartfelt worship which draws people in, encourages participation and points people to Jesus.
- Lead rehearsals for Worship along with volunteer leaders
- Own process to regularly recruit, audition, teach, train and disciple volunteers, deploying them in the Music, Worship and AV Arts Ministries
- Support Kids, Youth and Young Adult Ministries with Worship Leadership aligned with age-graded worship experiences.
- Develop/Manage annual worship budget and 5 year AV Budget
- Oversee, supervise and develop Music, Worship, and AV Arts personnel
- Actively participate on the Hope Church Leadership Team
- Be loyal to Jesus, the vision of Hope, Hope Staff and the people of Hope; always protecting the unity of the Church
- Research and implement a large range of worship expressions, stylistically and culturally that will bless the multi-generational and multi-cultural church Hope aspires to be.
- General knowledge of AV Equipment and some proficiency in Music Production Software (MainStage, ABleton LIVE, Logic Pro, ProPresenter, etc.)
- Lead worship team meetings.
- Is a devoted Christ follower, exhibiting Biblical spiritual leadership and integrity
- Passionate about bringing God’s people close to His heart in worship
- Recommended 2 years of experience leading worship in a similar church setting as Hope (i.e. multi-staff, different styles of worship, multi-generational)
- Possesses a high degree of musical proficiency. Gifted as a lead vocalist, competent in at least one instrument (guitar, piano, etc.), able to read music and arrange songs
- Skilled in leading congregation vocally and instrumentally
- Knowledgeable of Christian worship music across multiple styles and Christian expressions of worship
- Demonstrated capability of leading and managing teams of people
- Ability to set challenging, realistic and measurable goals for the ministry, then follow through to deliver
- A strong calling to servant-leadership ministry
- Displays relational intelligence, interacting with volunteers and staff (both individuals and leaders)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org