Website New Beginnings
New Beginnings is a four-month residential faith-based regeneration program that assists men addicted to alcohol or drugs to overcome their addiction through a strengthened relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe that through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, an individual can overcome their addictions and become a productive member of the church and the community.
Our approach is to minister to the body, soul and spirit of the individual.
DIRECTOR: JOB DESCRIPTION:
The director at New Beginnings is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the ministry. As director, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the ministry including management, programming, public relations, case management, and other related areas pertinent in any way to the operation, reputation and integrity of the ministry.
- Work with the board of directors to develop and maintain a strategic plan
- Manage staff and volunteers through weekly staff meetings
- Work collaboratively with trustee to keep expenditures in budget
- Assist the President of the board in creating agenda for monthly board meetings and provide a director’s report at such meetings
- Work collaboratively with Board of Trustees in fundraising which includes general fundraising, annual banquet and food drives
- Work with Board of Trustees in hiring staff
- Oversee volunteers
- Supervision of all ground maintenance
- Teaching the required curriculum daily
- Ordering curriculum as needed
- Teaching Bible Study on Monday evenings
- Public Relations
- Write a quarterly newsletter and Christmas letter
- Report to local news outlets including newspaper, homepage and social media when New Beginnings graduates a student
- Foster and maintain a professional relationship with local churches, organizations, agencies and other non-profit organizations
- Speak as needed to deliver the message of New Beginnings to the community including assisting students in sharing their testimonies
- Case Management
- Overseeing the case management of up to 6 students at a time with a possibility of an additional 2 in the aftercare program. No more than 8 at a time.
- Perform intake assessments
- Conduct monthly evaluations for students
- Provide crisis counseling as needed
- Meet with potential students either through phone interviews, in-person interviews or jail interviews
- Coordinate with NB staff needs of students which includes but is not limited to appointments, court appearances, probation, work, visits, budgeting and supervising house cook position
- New Beginnings is a faith-based non-profit organization in which Jesus Christ is the center of the regeneration process. A strong knowledge of God’s word is required.
- Must be a mature Christian and demonstrate a good example of victorious Christian living.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining relationships with staff, students and their families, volunteers/ministry guests, board members and the general public.
- Organizational skills necessary for coordinating projects, schedules and staff ❖ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Be available to work on holidays and weekends
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org