Status: 40 hours a week
NorthGate is a loving community of Jesus followers helping people discover why they were created.
The role of the Children’s Director is to create, manage, and direct all aspects of children’s ministry (birth through eighth grade) which includes Sunday School, Mid-Week Activities, Special Events, and childcare. The Children’s Director is responsible to oversee the church’s children’s ministry, ensuring a smoothly operating, safe and effective program. The director will recruit and train leaders who will make an impact children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word, and provide fellowship within our church and local community. The Children’s Director will help to lead children into a personal relationship with the Lord. They will also help them develop a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit as well as providing opportunities to experience the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Program Direction and Facilitation
- Provide and implement a vision and strategic oversight of all children’s
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy
- Continual development of programs as
- Create and manage a Children’s ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the
- Oversee Check-In, student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special
- Leadership Development and Discipleship
- The Children’s Director needs to prioritize discipleship and leadership development in the spirit of enabling others to share the responsibilities of Children’s and Youth This involves going beyond recruitment and training and into empowering volunteers and putting them in positions to succeed. Proactive mentoring of volunteers and student leaders is essential.
- Develop and disciple a group of student
- Build teams to help facilitate, teach, and
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special
- Communicate regularly with the Youth Pastor and Middle School
- Maintain the upkeep of student ministry facilities and
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for the Children’s Ministries and manage spending to
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Family Engagement
- Outwardly model a personal and growing relationship with Jesus
- Foster welcoming and safe environments for children to engage the intersections of the story of God and their own
- Be a source of wisdom and encouragement for
- Be in regular communication with parents and
- Network with other churches, the community, and other experienced professionals to always be learning new ways to
Reports to: 1. Lead Pastors
- Consistently complete duties and responsibilities in a timely
- Ensure that all Sunday School programs are running for Sunday morning service each week (barring some special exceptions).
- Includes making sure curriculum, materials, and programming is set
- Strive to schedule and develop volunteers so the director can attend a Sunday morning service at least once per
- Attend staff meetings as
- Plan and implement various children’s events throughout the year (ex. Harvest Party).
- Attend and assist Youth Pastor with BorderLand Youth Group on Wednesday
Priorities based on an average work time of approximately 40 hours per week:
Sunday mornings 15% – 6 hours
Administration, email, phone calls and planning 50% – 20 hours
Preparing Kids Area 12% – 5 hours
Youth Group (Wednesday Nights) 12% – 5 hours
Special Events (as needed) 10% – 4 hours
Hour allocation is strictly an approximation and should be used as a guide for time management rather than the letter of the law. Some weeks will involve more hours while others will prove to be lighter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com