Website Community Gospel Church of Pasadena
Youth Pastor Position
Community Gospel Church of Pasadena (CGC)
+ We are praying and searching for a young couple, young man/woman, to join us at CGC in reaching this generation of young people in the greater Baltimore/Anne Arundel County area of Maryland. We are looking for qualified ministers/servants of God who have a specific calling to this area of the United States.
+ We are, at the moment, an older congregation with a great heritage of missions and revival who are young at heart and who are fully committed to be a place to host young people in order that they may find peace in God’s Fathering arms, family within the loving arms of a multi-generational fellowship, and discipling into the Jesus life through the Holy Spirit.
· Formal training from a degreed Bible training program is an asset, but not a hindrance if this is not part of the candidate’s life experience.
· The candidate demonstrates Christian maturity, ministry experience, and a calling to youth.
· Produce references from former churches, church leadership, employers, family, friends and a background check that can vouch for the candidate’s character and capability in ministry.
· Teaching/preaching, discipling and evangelistic motivations.
· Worshipful and invested in prayer. Worship skills would be welcomed!
· Demonstrates dependence on the Holy Spirit.
Salary and Hours
· Bi-vocational. Housing and salary TBD.
· To begin: 15-20 hours a week developing CGC’s youth program with a goal of moving into a full time position.
Actively Lead the Youth Program at CGC
· Create a welcoming, deeply spiritual, faith-filled, fun, and enthusiastic environment for youth (11 to 18 years old) to connect with the living God, and with one another.
· Build strong relationships with the youth, their families, and the community.
· Organize and lead midweek youth meetings, and Sunday youth services.
· Plan events and times of fellowship in which young people outside of church life can be drawn into a discipling relationship with Jesus.
· Be present, as available, for the youth and their families at events outside of youth or church services.
· Provide communication and publicity for youth events through the web, social media, texts, and email to inform the youth, their families, the congregation, and the community about times and places of youth group activities.
· Preaching on Sunday mornings once a month.
· Accompanying youth to things like Youth Conferences, Summer Youth Camp, Mission trips, or other events/retreats that you may choose. Oversees fundraising for these events
· Recruit and train adults and teenagers to serve on a youth leadership team for the youth group.
· Interact and stay in communication with pastoral leadership, the elders, and the leadership team to whom you are directly responsible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org