Website Ashland Community Church
Summary of Position:
Under the leadership of the Lead Pastor, the Next Gen Director will provide leadership and management over Youth and Children’s ministries to create irresistible and engaging environments. Work with the Lead Pastor to lead the church in Experiencing Jesus, Engaging Spiritual Growth and Employing God’s Love in the World.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cast vision for effective youth and children’s ministry
- Plan and oversee a mid-week evening ministry to youth and children including events and activities
- Preach/teach the mid-week evening youth services
- Facilitate a team-based ministry for children’s ministry on Sunday mornings and the mid-week evening event
- Recruit and develop a dynamic leadership team of volunteers for both the children’s ministry and youth ministry
- Develop and invest in a student leadership team
- Oversee, organize and facilitate events for the children and youth such as (but not limited to): mission trips, camps, retreats and events
- Organize and lead a local children’s outreach event annually
- Organize and lead local teen outreach events
- Maintain the youth ministry social media accounts
- Ability to maintain ministry budgets
- Participate in staff meetings
- Assist with Sunday morning services as needed
- Support Lead Pastor in carrying out the mission of the church
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Respond to church members in a friendly, discreet and timely manner
- Comply with all Ashland Community Church policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Other Skills Desired:
- Strong ability in graphic design, video production, and written communication
- Knowledgeable in social media marketing
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Compelling personal vision for God’s ministry to children and youth
- Strong Bible and theology knowledge and application skills relevant to a modern younger crowd
- Background Check Clearance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of youth ministry experience as a youth pastor, leader or volunteer
- 2+ years of college credit desirable
- Ability to analyze situations and take an effective course of action
- Willing to help out wherever needed
- Must have strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be discreet, a good listener, resourceful, friendly and engaging
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Able to lead or train a youth worship team desired
Who is Ashland Community Church?
Ashland Community Church is a vibrant Church body located in the small town of Ashland, NH. New England is a tough, rocky soil to do ministry in as it is the least religious region of our country. But the rewards are so sweet. Under the leadership of the Lead Pastor and Elders, we have transitioned from a traditional church to a modern worship service. Since COVID, we have seen explosive growth and want to continue the growth by focusing on the Next Generation by providing an irresistible environment for the Next Generation to encounter Christ and grow in their relationship with Christ.
Employees in this position must be able/have the ability to:
- Maintain a high level of energy and movement
- Lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds at waist height
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and bend over
- Reach overhead, grasp, and push/pull
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids
- Speak so that others may understand at normal levels and on the telephone
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone, with or without hearing aids
Employees in this position will be required to work indoors and outdoors (in all four seasons) and will come in direct contact with other staff, outside vendors and church members.
Right to Revise:
This Job Description is not meant to be all-inclusive and the church reserves the right to revise this job description as necessary without advance notice.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.churchstaffing.com.