Website Buffalo City Mission
Meeting the Spiritual and Practical Needs of the Homeless
Come Join Our Ministry Team at Cornerstone Manor of the Buffalo City Mission. Cornerstone is a women’s shelter, female pastors are encouraged to apply!!!
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND FUNCTIONS
· Daily evangelism and outreach that draws new residents into services and faith in Jesus Christ
· Organize worship services in creative and spiritual ways.
· Conduct assessment interviews with the intent of identifying spiritual needs and referrals.
· Assist clients in establishing goals with regard to their spiritual journey programs.
· Regularly (as determined by goals and objectives) visit with all residents/clients while daily giving priority to those in greatest need.
· Interview chapel speakers for an evaluation of where they stand spiritually in regards to BCM’s statement of faith and core values. Carry out goals of the pastoral care department
· Interview prospective new hires for an evaluation of where they stand spiritually in regards to BCM’s statement of faith and core values and their personal walk with the Lord.
· Supervise and evaluate clients progress through spiritual journey and programs
· Offer religious and spiritual guidance to residents/clients, staff and administrators
Education and Experience:
· Biblical studies, Human Services, or related field plus 1 year of pastoral experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Certification by an accredited pastoral body. Ordination or license preferred.
· Pastor’s heart & displays skills and competencies in pastoral care.
To apply for this job please visit www.buffalocitymission.org.