Batavia Assembly of God
At Batavia Assembly of God we desire to cultivate a family atmosphere that establishes people in Christ through mentoring communities incorporating Christ in every part of life. We are located between Buffalo and Rochester and are seeking a full time Children’s Pastor to:
Provide a fun, energetic learning environment for spiritual growth of children ages 0-5th grade.
Lead and manage programming for Sunday morning, summer activities, and community outreach.
Build, equip and lead a team of volunteers.
Connect with families and implement a strategy to equip parents to disciple their children outside of Sunday mornings.
For more information and a detailed job description, please send an email request to Pastor Dan Schmidt @ email@example.com and include “Children’s Pastor Interest” in the subject line.
Job Description, Batavia Assembly of God
Updated March 2022
Definition of Position
The Children’s Pastor provides a learning environment for the spiritual growth of children ages 0 – 5th grade. Organizing events, curriculum, and opportunities to apply the core values of Batavia Assembly of God to the ministry of children.
Specifically, this position will lead and manage the children’s programming for Sunday morning, summer activities, and community outreach throughout the year.
Full-time: Tuesday through Friday (8:30am – 3:30pm office hours) and on Sunday. Additional hours determined by specific event or outreach.
Part-time: 25 hours a week. Additional hours determined by specific event or outreach.
Qualifications and Expectations
The Children’s Pastor will lead the Children’s Ministry Team in designing a ministry to fulfill our vision and lead children into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Working with volunteers, the Children’s Pastor will cast a vision and implement a ministry that intentionally helps children from birth through 5th grade come to know Jesus and develop a growing relationship with Him, learn from His Word, building a foundation for missions, and by loving others.
Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership and sincerely held beliefs.
• Assemblies of God credentials or willing to be credentialed with the Assemblies of God.
• 3 – 5 years experience leading children’s ministry preferred.
• Bachelors degree or college degree preferred; or a combination of education and experience with proven leadership skills.
Essential Job Functions
· Knowledge of principles and practices of Batavia Assembly of God, what we believe, basic church information, etc.
· Strong administrative skills and computer literate.
· Possess strong organizational and analytical skills, multitask, practice time management and prioritize tasks, be able to retain information, and be flexible, willing to adapt to changing priorities.
· Be extroverted in personality and passionate about serving kids and their families. Understanding of early childhood and elementary developmental levels and equipping them to know Jesus and grow in Him.
· Fun, energetic, and positive. Ability to think creatively and not intimidated by new technology.
· Create a ministry team of volunteers to fulfill the vision, equipping them with resources, and placing importance on leadership development.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Establish and promote a vision and mission for the Children’s Ministry that aligns with the overall vision and mission of the church. Create all systems for consistency, clarity, and excellence. The goal is to have a fun and engaging program that will help children build a relationship with Jesus and other children their age.
· Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth. Provide opportunities for children to discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities. Implement a strategy to equip parents to help their children take their next steps toward Christ.
· Oversee Sunday morning volunteer schedule and communicate regularly with staff and volunteers. Recruit, train, supervise, schedule and lead teams of volunteers. Foster a team environment by intentionally creating a positive volunteer staff through corporate and spiritual growth opportunities. By creating a team, it will allow flexibility and freedom for volunteers to attend services.
· Oversee systems for background checks, safety and security procedures, scheduling, training and care of volunteers.
· Utilize technology and manage social media account. Communicate correspondence necessary between children and parents. Assemble mailings, create emails, and make phone calls.
· Order supplies and resources for all classrooms and teachers. Set up of Sunday morning environments. Provide material for spiritual growth outside of Sunday morning to connect and empower parents to disciple their children.
· Maintain a smooth check-in process for parents on Sunday morning and an adequate tracking system of visitors and attendees. Manage follow up for visitors and community outreach events.
· Create an excellent Sunday morning experience including live worship when possible, strong media, and a creative, compelling messages.
· Counsel students and parents when necessary and provide additional resources when professional counseling is needed. The importance of confidentiality is critical to this role as sensitive information may be disclosed.
· Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
· Have a heart for the community; willing to work alongside schools and other organizations to reach children. Increase outreach programming and attend Network summer kid’s camp.
· Submit and manage an annual budget and expenses.
· Attend church events. When invited, support a school function, sport or family gathering if schedule permits. This builds relationships that are key to ministering to children and families.
· Perform any other job related tasks as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
· Attend weekly Staff meetings, monthly Board meetings, and annual calendar and Department Head meetings.
· Work alongside the Youth Pastor to design and implement events, ministries, and programs that will help older elementary and younger middle school students make the transition from Children’s Ministry to Youth Ministry.
The position of Children’s Pastor is evaluated by productivity, connecting the vision of the church to Children’s Ministry, performance, professionalism, and confidentiality on an annual basis by the Lead Pastor. Personal spiritual growth, a teachable spirit, and developing professionally are significant indicators of success in this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org